Skip to main content

Finding Purpose

How often do we go through life wondering what our purpose is?  As we plod along day by day, sometimes minute by minute, life can seem like more than we can take at times.  I'm in a transition phase of life.  We are heading into the last semester of our homeschooling journey....and I'll admit, I'm a bit anxious about what is next.  You see, I'm a planner, a scheduler, a check-list 'checker-offer'.  I like to be prepared, know what's next, be in control and make it all perfect (which is exhausting by the way, but that's another post).  I know my ultimate purpose is to glorify and enjoy God.  But I also know that he wants us to use our talents and gifts to do that.  But you know what?  God hasn't revealed to me yet what he wants me to do....and I'll admit, that's hard for this non-control freak and  non-perfectionist wanna-be to swallow.

I've been sensing for a while that He's been trying to get me to slow down and rest in Him.  And for a while I was doing just that.  But over the holidays I've crept back into "being in control" mode.  I've been trying to push things through in my time, not His.  So now, I feel like I'm starting over; square one....again.

I've decided to start this blog as a way to write about real life...life as it happens while I try, second by second, to live where I know my confidence must lie....in God's faithfulness.  I don't know what, or if, anything will become of this blog.  But my hope is that this might be an encouragement to others somehow.  I want to share the struggles as well as the lessons as well as the triumphs.  God is not finished with me yet....and he's not finished with you either.  Praise God for his mercy and grace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No or Go?

Have you ever had a life-desire pop up in your heart and mind that you didn't know what to do with?  What I mean by life-desire is one where you know this would be a turn in direction with where you are currently going.  For example, it might be a new job that you didn't know was on the horizon, or a challenge you feel God is giving you that is out of your comfort zone.  I don't know about you, but I tend to struggle when things like this come to mind and are so powerful that they can not be ignored.  And as a believer, I question where the desire is coming from.  Is it a desire of my own sinful, self-seeking heart or one put there by God for a purpose: HIS purpose? Today in my bible reading, I began 2 Chronicles where the story begins of Solomon's reign in the place of his father David.  It struck me (again) how, when asked by God what Solomon would like from him, Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge.  In the message version of the bible, it uses the word 

God's Powerful Right Hand

We all, to some degree, are desperate in our search for comfort.  How often do we strive to remove any struggle or inconvenience from our lives simply because we are uncomfortable?  For me it can be trying to control my kids' actions to achieve what's best (in my eyes) for them to something as simple as not liking to put in the work to actually prepare and cook my food so I spend (way too much) money on gadgets I don't need that add anxiety-inducing clutter to my home.  But what if there was a way to bring comfort (while enduring the struggle) without needing to do any of these things??  Would you want to know more? The other night, I sat in with my husband as he read a chapter of scripture with our kids:  even though our kids are adults still in the home, this is something they do together before praying at bedtime.  They are currently reading in Revelation and that night's verse was from Revelation 1.  In verses 17-18, John says " When I saw him, I fell a